10 Ways to Tell Your Partner It’s Over
As one popular love song goes, “there’s no easy way to break somebody’s heart”. That line is really true because in reality, nobody is really comfortable when they know that they are going to break up and will be breaking somebody else’s heart.
Most people would even say that inflicting physical pain to another person is easier than having to inflict emotional pain to someone else. Although love relationships may have the happiest and most romantic love stories of all time, it also has a dark side; love relationships also offer the saddest and most heartbreaking situations of all time.
There’s no perfect relationship and in one time or another, there will come a point in your life when you have to take the initiative in having to end the relationship once and for all. You may have you own set of reasons but one thing’s for sure; there’s really no easy way to break somebody’s heart. If you think that you need some tips in breaking up with someone, this article is perfect for you.
Don’t Beat Around The Bush
1. When you are already decided that you want to get out of the relationship, be sure that you have a proper explanation as to why you want to get out of it. It’s not good to leave a person hanging and it’s even worse to just leave them without even saying goodbye.
2. Keep in mind that the person that you are planning to leave has been a part of your life and they deserve some respect from you, even if you are already planning to leave them and get on with your new life.
3. Another thing to remember is that you have to be honest. Don’t make up excuses that are far from the truth because that would only complicate things in the future. It’s better to tell the truth because at least, once it’s all over, both of you can move on without any questions waiting to be answered.
4. If you’re afraid that telling the truth might hurt your partner, tell yourself that truth really hurts and your partner deserves to know the truth and nothing less but the truth. If you got tired of him or her because he or she was boring and annoying, tell him or her directly. Just don’t be rude in saying so because that would only add to the insult.
5. The advantage of telling the whole truth to your partner is so that they can work on their weaknesses and mistakes so that in the future, they won’t be faced with the same problems and their future partners won’t have to leave them because of the same reason.
Make Sure That There Is Proper Closure
6. When you break up with a person, don’t be a tease and don’t ever play with their feelings and emotions. Put in mind that the moment you break up with someone, his or her heart will be very vulnerable. Don’t be too nice and mushy because the person might think that you still have feelings for them and they might get the false hope that you might want to get back with them.
7. Directly tell your significant other that you are breaking up with him or her and then clearly state your reasons. Avoid laughing or smiling when you are stating your reasons; learn to be empathetic because you really wouldn’t enjoy it if someone was smiling while breaking up with you.
8. Finish and solve all your unresolved issues and do try to keep the break-up civil and friendly. Emphasize clearly yet nicely the need for both of you to move on and get on with each other’s lives. Do not sugar-coat your reasons because you will only end up not being able to get your point across as well as making your partner more confused than before.
9. Just keep it short and simple. Do not dawdle because that would only add to the anxiety of your partner. If you want, you can tell him or her that you can still be friends, but that’s about it.
10. Don’t forget to express your gratitude to your partner for the time that you spent together. Admit it, you shared some happy moments together and that’s worth expressing gratitude for.
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!